Thursday, August 28, 2008

WARNING: Picture Overload!!!

Well, sorry! I've been meaning to post a bunch of these pics for the last couple of weeks so there are so many from me catching up...Anyway, these are all from our 'Southern tour' at the beginning of August...there were just so many fun, great pictures that I couldn't help but want to share them with you.

FLYING:

my little heart melter...doing just that!
Tom rigged up Taylor's beloved "Puppy" so she'd be tied to him with Max's blanket...
cute huh?

Max almost looks a bit yearning here of Taylor's snack. Food, drinks, pictures of dogs...we used whatever we could to keep Taylor happy on the plane...
cute kiddos.
Taylor loves to swaddle "Puppy" as seen here.
me and my little guy doing some cuddling.
and Taylor deciding to join in! :-)
DRIVING:

So Southwest lost our carseat for while hence the borrowed carseat. Taylor didn't sleep a wink on the plane (go figure) so she crashed once we got in my mom's van within minutes.
Max did too. I love those cute lips!
Heading to Nashville from Little Rock. I think this is such a funny, cute picture. Notice that we got to bring all of Taylor's babies with us on our trip: "Maggie" the pig (it's on Tom's lap...Taylor named her this all on her own), "Baby" the baby, and "Puppy" the er...puppy.
This guy cracked me up! Does this look funny to you...or is it just me?
Grandma and Taylor taking a snooze...Tom was driving, I was making hair clips and we were listening to the last Harry Potter book on cd.


Mom saying bye to Max right before leaving Nashville. Tom, the kids and I drove from there to Georgia and my mom drove back to Little Rock. I have such a wonderful Mom!
AT GRANDMA'S IN GEORGIA:

I LOVE going to my Grandma's! This is Taylor playing in the same tub I used to play in when I was a wee one...my GRandma has always had a large selection of laundry detergent lids to play with and to this day they are my favorite kids' toys for the tub!
Aaahhh! Rainbow cakes! This is a childhood family favorite for me and all my sibs and cousins! My sweet Grandma rounded some up for Tom and I (and my Uncle Gary of course ;-) and it was wonderful...good thing I was eating sugar b/c these things are packed full!!! They are the best, little, colorful cakes in the world!
my great cousin Jenean and Max...we had so much fun with her! You're awesome Jenean!
MAX & HIS BUDDY GRANDMA:

These two entertained each other our whole visit!



Max found Grandma to be quite captivating!
at breakfast...Grandma, we had such a great time with you! You are so sweet and kind and we appreciate and love you so much!
GRANDMA, GRANDMA, and GRANDMA:

my Mom...Mom, thanks so much for being such a fun, loving Mom and Grandma! You are always so great to talk to and be with and I appreciate your love and goodness.
my Dad's Mom
my Mom's stepmom (my Grandma)

Our kids are so lucky to have four amazing Grandma's...Taylor did great at soaking up the time with each one and she called each one Grandma.




my Grandpa and Grandma (my Mom's parents)
Max and my Grandpa made each other smile and laugh...it was so cute and sweet.
new outfits from Grandma...(my dad's mom...confused yet?)


I wish so badly that our country was the size of Delaware so we only had to drive a few minutes to visit family...it was so great seeing all of these super special people to me. I hope less time passes before we get to do it again.
Here's to the South and the great people residing there!!!




8 comments:

Callie said...

Hi Mel! I found your blog through Rochelles..I love learning more about your cute family! Ok, so you have motivated me to do the 21 day sugar detox, I know you have already done it, but it is something that I have put off since having Hayden, and I need to just do it (get healthy again, that is!) So, thank you for the motivation! You look great by the way too! I wish I could come to the pilates class, but the time just doesn't work with Tom's schedule. I need to get back in to running though if you ever want a tag-a-long! :)

Eleanor Jensen said...

It was so fun to see Taylor on skype. I loved all of your pictures, it was just like I was on vacation with you. But Marion is still my favorite son.

Tawsha said...

How fun! Looks like you had a fun and pleasant trip. I've been meaning to call you or email since July. Sorry we didn't meet up with you guys, we would have LOVED to seen you, but there is always next year =)

Christensen Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! It's so nice to visit family.

Jensen Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I too wish I country was as small as Delaware! Family is so great and how lucky are we that we both come from such good families! I also must say that Max is looking a lot like Taylor these days! Thanks for the idea of laundry detg. lids as bath tub toys...I am totally going to do that for now on!

Sarah Rockwood said...

I love pictures. It makes me feel like I was a part of the fun! I hope that's not creepy!:)

Callie said...

Mel! Thanks for your comments and support! I am grateful I stumbled upon your blog too, because I think it would have taken me a bit longer to get back on track without out! :) I am with you on the running...my biggest obstacle with exercise is finding time ALONE to do it! I usually end up locking myself in the basement and doing some kind of lame exercise video. I have a treadmill too, so I have no excuses, except that I have three kids (one of them wanting to be on the treadmill WITH me) and a husband who isn't home as much as I'd like! But most of us have that excuse I guess! Just having someone who knows what I'm going through is is great though...so thanks! :)

Coty said...

okay seriously adorable kids Melody. I love all the pics.