Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!

I thought I'd write because I'm getting too frustrated watching all the lame media...

This morning I got up super early so I could go and hold a spot in line for us...I'm glad I did b/c Tom and I were the 16th and 17th to vote in our precinct and in the short while I waited, around 300 more people walked past me to the end of the line. But, while I was waiting there looking at the magazine that has been waiting weeks for me to read; I felt this overwhelming sense of gratitude for the freedoms we have. I feel so, SO grateful for the people who have fought and sacrificed for those freedoms!

I watched as older women walked past and thought how grateful I am that we live in a country who now allows and accepts the equal rights of ALL people regardless of race, gender, class... When I lived and worked in D.C. a few years ago I felt so much patriotism as we walked through the same remarkable memorials weekly and remembered our history and those great men and women who impacted the lives we now live...

With whatever results occur tonight...I hope for a bright future and my gratitude goes out to those good people who have fought and sacrificed so much FOR US...

0 comments: