Friday, October 2, 2009

Steamboat Springs/Denver trip July 11-15, 2009

I have been meaning to 'attempt' to catch up...but have been busy doing lots of boot camps, so I keep putting it off! So, finally here are some pictures from the trip Tom and I got to take (sans kiddos!) back in July. It was so wonderful having some time together. We spend a LOT of time "training" for the triathlon I did a couple of weeks later...so we went jogging in downtown Denver and swimming and bikeriding every day. It was so great! I LOVE Colorado! It's the most beautiful state and we loved getting to see some different parts of it...


This is in Steamboat. There's miles of paved paths along the river...so breathtaking!
the river...
a hike we went on in the mountains to this beautiful waterfall:

Tom being goofy...


they have a hot springs/water park that's open year round. There are two big slides...it was lots of fun!
Tom talking with Abe and Ben....
Our favorite mountain pizza place...so good! Whole Wheat crusts...mmmm! I wish they had one here!
downtown Steamboat was super cute...wish I had better pics...
back in Denver...we stayed at a nice hotel right in downtown...Keith Urban's crew was staying there too!
downtown Denver....it's more incredibly quaint then I realized! I LOVED it! We jogged and just walked up and down the streets and people watched and ate desert at a cute gelato place (below) and breakfast at a little cafe...it was so great!
the gelato.
I'm a sucker for twinkling lights and hanging baskets of flowers! I was ready to move there! ;-)
after our ride at Cherry Creek Resevoir (where my tri was going to be in a couple of weeks).

2 comments:

Callie said...

Looks like such a fun trip, makes me want to get away SANS children really bad!! Cherry Creek Reservoir is a fun place too, I didn't realize your triathalon was there.

Jensen Family said...

what a beautiful place...i think I should come and visit you...much prettier than out here! i too am sorry that you couldn't make it, but i also understand! i will be working on another plan to get together! i love ya! oh, i really wish you were in my bunko group too...they would all love your spunk!