Saturday, January 30, 2010

Getting to know you...

Here's a little post to encourage some posting...copy and paste the questions below. Then, fill in your own answers and pick a handful or two of your friends that live furthest away to do the same...



1.) What are some things you usually do everyday? get up, pee (I'm pregnant :), make the bed, brush teeth, wash hands, eat bran flakes, shower, get dressed, put on makeup (b/c I feel like I desperately need it!), workout (I need that too!), clean, cook, read, play with kids, change diapers, go on drives with the kids (go out somewhere--like grocery shopping, park, mall or target), pray, clean more (pick up legos, cars and kids' books about 2-3 times everyday), do dishes at least once everyday, have dinner as a family, put the kids to bed, spend time with Tom hopefully, etc.



2.) What would be your dream vacation? Tom and I are hoping to celebrate our tenth anniversary by taking a trip to Italy...but, I'd also just love to be at a beach preferably in Hawaii with my whole family about right now!



3.) What is your favorite meal to cook? (feel free to share the recipe if you'd like) I love italian food so I love to make my own healthier version of pasta with cream sauce and lots of grilled veggies...recipe? (I sort of throw this together) to make the sauce you put in 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil and a large clove or two of garlic in a sauce pan and heat on medium heat for about a minute. Then add about 4 ounces of cream cheese and blend (a silicone whisk is a great tool for this) until smooth, add about 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, keep stirring so that it continues to be smooth, add 1/4 cup parmesean cheese if you have it, some garlic powder, garlic salt and italian seasonings (add a little at a time until you get a taste that you like). Sometimes I like to add lots of fresh basil if I have it to make it a pesto cream sauce...Let the sauce simmer and stir every couple of minutes while you grill veggies and prepare the pasta...I love to slice and grill onions, mushrooms (we are BIG mushroom fans in our house!), yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, red bell peppers and anything else I may have on hand at the time and we (Tom and I) love Barilla whole wheat angel hair pasta....just thinking of this makes me want to make this really soon!



4.) What should you be doing more of? right now I am supposed to be studying for a fitness certification I have coming up in just about 10 days!!! I should be spending more Q.T. time with my family...I always feel like there's never enough of that and that moments shouldn't be taken for granted...I always feel like I need to do better at this!



5.) Any OCD habits you can't kick? (or maybe you don't want to) (Oh, this could be a funny question for some people!) I feel like I can't go to bed with dirty dishes, and the dishes have to be divided into their own section in the dishwasher...if there are spoons and forks in the same compartment in the silverware holder (obviously placed there by someone else)-I have to fix it! the bed HAS to be made, when I mop the floors it has to be done twice and if I see a person leaving the bathroom without washing their hands, I can't get it off my mind for a couple hours...yeah, yeah, I know! CRAZY thinking! Oh, yeah, when I cook; I wash my hands constantly...if I crack eggs I wash my hands after each egg, I have big issues with raw meat and fish...



6.) Have any unfinished projects? I have three hats (one for each kiddo including the one who hasn't been born yet) that I've crocheted almost to completion, but I've forgotten how to 'finish' them, so they're all in their separate bag attached to the loom waiting for me to go to my friend's so she can show me how to finish them...one nursing cover...and a couple photobooks on Shutterfly that I need to finish...I have a feeling if we lived in a house, this list would be much bigger...



7.) What are your hobbies and interests? (anything you like to do in your sparetime?) I love to go on dates with Tom, spend time with my family, hike, Pilates, Yoga, lately I've been doing lots of aerobics, read, cook, run 5ks and other races (when I'm not so pregnant), crafts-make jewelry, cards, sew (even though I am REALLY bad and slow at it!), learn/read about health and fitness,

8.) What are your three favorite movies and who are your favorite actors/actresses? funny thing...I fall asleep during about 90% of the movies we watch...I get bored really quickly and would usually rather be sleeping! I really like You've Got Mail, the Road Home...I can't think of another favorite right now...maybe Sliding Doors? I love Tom Hanks, Will Smith, Bill Cosby, Meg Ryan, Reese Witherspoon, Gwyneth Peltrow, Jennifer Aniston. I love good movies with english accents! Netflix is sending us Love Happens today...hopefully it's good!



Spread the interview and pick a few friends: Okay, I'll be checking your blogs soon to see if you've done this so please don't let me down! Here are some friends (that blog) that live furthest away: Julie, Sue, Laurel, Addie, Wendy, Tawsha, Steph, Sarah, Emily, Rikki, Coty, Brooktynn, Megan, Holli and Misti--it's hard to just pick a few! I didn't pick any CO friends b/c it said just who lives far away...but, I hope you'll do it too!

2 comments:

Tawsha said...

If I comment does this mean I'm really accountable to update my blog =) which I desperately need to do?? How are you? I LOVE that you're going to do a half marathon this year. I want to do something similar on this year that I turn 30 as well. Also, excited to see your new little one. Hope you're feeling well and she or he gets here safe and sound. Lots of love and hugs your way!

Julie said...

I just wanted to let you know that I saw this... If i am the Julie you are referring to ... I will start working on this soon :) Some I have to really think about...