Saturday, April 3, 2010

Max is two!!!

Max just turned two a couple of weeks ago! Before posting new baby Cambria pics, I wanted to make sure I got up pics of Max's special day...since he turns two only once! He's such a sweet boy and we are so glad he's a part of our family....here he is just a few days old: He turned two on a Wednesday, so the Friday after his birthday, we had a fun little party for him with some of our great friends here who have a kiddo Max's age. Here are some pics from the party:


the kids playing in Taylor's bedroom

Max's cake...I'd been planning to make him a truck cake for weeks because he's CRAZY about trucks! The cake was sort of a mess (looked a bit like puppy dogs) but it was a fun, family effort! I would never have been able to make a cake like this, if it weren't for my very talented friend Callie who taught me and gave me some expert tips. Callie makes and sells cakes...check out her website www.coloradocakebox.com to see some incredible cakes and get inspired! I stole the table deco idea from her too...thanks Callie! ;-)





the littles:
the biggies:
the cool parents we get to have as friends:
Max handing out his party favors:
opening fun presents:

on Max's birthday (a Wednesday) we went out as a family to Applebee's...they have 99 cent kids' meals on Wednesdays so we thought it'b be a fun way to celebrate. It was! They came and sang to Max and gave him a sundae. He loved it. I love this pic of these two cute boys!

after dinner we went to our favorite local grocery store to get cupcakes...the ponies below cost a penny to ride!



opening presents at home...
I got these stickers for the party favors and Max saw them and sat there for about 5 minutes looking at them...it was so funny! It's the simplest things that they love!


a card and check from great Grandma!


a gift from Grandpa, Grandma J. and cousins.
some of his cousins made this map of Grandpa/ma's home for his new cars to drive on...
he LOVES books...
this was a easter basket we saw at Hobby Lobby...so cute!
I got this off of craigslist for 3 bucks! I'm excited to take our kids to the park so they can ride around on the basketball court...


we saw these at the grocery store and had to get them b/c they looked so much like the rainbow cakes my Grandma in Georgia always got us that are so amazingly good. These unfortunately weren't the same, but brought back great memories!


this little guy has melted my heart since the day he was born! I love my Maxwell!

so tired:

Happy Birthday sweet boy! You are so loved!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a sweet post! And what a cute boy! Some of his pictures remind me of my John at that age.

Callie said...

Such a cute post! I love parties, they are so fun to see pics of. Max is getting so big, and is such a handsome little guy. Glad you guys had a great time, and thanks for the "shout-out"! :)

Bruce Higginbotham said...

Sorry I wasn't there for your birthday. You are getting so big! I love you, Max! Have fun with your big wheel and trucks. See you sooon. Grandpa

Jensen Family said...

so stinkin cute! it is crazy that they are already turning 2! Max is such a sweet boy and it makes me happy to know that my boys aren't the only ones crazy about trucks!