Saturday, January 5, 2008

We had a great holiday break. Tom got off work on the Friday before Christmas at 4:00 p.m. (2 1/2 hours after it had started snowing) so our drive to Arkansas to my parents began slowly. We had to drive about 40 mph and there was lots of traffic. We stopped around 7 for dinner and after about 30 minutes the storm had caught up with us so we just kept on driving and driving and got to my parents around 8:00 a.m. the next morning. I'm usually not a great co-driver (Tom usually drives about 80% of our trips) but this time I had lots of energy so I drove at least half the way and did most of the driving from midnight to early morning! I just turned on music and drove away while Tom and Taylor snoozed. We ended up missing a pretty intense snow storm literally by hours so if we had stopped overnight somewhere like we planned we would have been stuck.

We had a fun time at my parents. My brothers Matthew (just older) and his wife Janette and 3 kiddos and Ben (just younger) were there for Christmas. Tom and I took advantage of the reliable babysitting services that grandparents provide and went on some dates. We watched Enchanted and the Golden Compass (had to see what the controversey was all about for ourselves). I took lots of naps and we just enjoyed being with family. My mom and I got to spend some time together which is always nice. We came back the next Saturday and drove a different route through the Oklahoma panhandle. It was very pretty farmland and not very populated. We stayed overnight in some smaller town and got home Sunday afternoon.

We had a fun new Years Eve. We are big goal/resolution makers so we had our little planning meeting that evening, watched a movie, drank our traditional frappes (that's what we call them-orange sherbet and lemonlime soda) and watched the ball drop at midnight. We are looking forward to making this next year a great one and I hope you all have a great year as well!

Since we've been home Tom went back to work on Wednesday, Thursday Taylor and I drove to the outlet mall a half hour away and got some very cute and very good priced baby boy neccessities, last night we went to our friends for dinner and today we ran errands and now Taylor is sleeping, Tom is at an Eagle Scout reception and I'm getting ready to scrapbook and watch a movie. Well, that's what we've been up to since the last post. 'Till next time!

0 comments: