Thursday, October 23, 2008

F A M I L I A !

This last weekend Tom and I were SO excited to have some very exciting visitors. Tom's mom, little brother Mike and our sister in law Sue (Mar's wife) and little nephew Isaac came. We had a pretty packed 3 days of fun with them. Here are some very out of order pictures and more will come next time I get the chance....

THE INCLINE: supposedly the "world's largest set of stairs". This is about 25 minutes from home in Manitou Springs. We'd heard lots about it and thought it would be a fun hike to take Sue and Mike on. It was fun...and HARD! .9 miles up these old railroad tiers. We took lots of "picture" breaks ;-)
view of Garden of the Gods from the Incline

picture break






this was us at the top...whew! We made it! Then we got to run, yes run the approximately 4 miles down b/c I had to get to a Pilates class and Tom had to get my little sister to the airport.

midway climb picture break....me and Sue (she is an awesome person to have as a sister in law! and friend! I am so lucky to have so many amazing sisters in law!)

ahhh! another picture break! ;-)







This was towards the beginning. You can sort of see how the stairs start out not so steep and then about 2/3s of the way it gets extremely steep! I have a little fear of heights so about half way up I started to get a bit uneasy, shaky and couldn't pay much attention to the view behind us. We survived though and are eager to make the climb a few more times while we live close. Anybody else want to come join us?

breakfast date...Taylor and her cousin Isaac


playing with bubbles on the patio.

my little sister Hannah (she'd been staying with us the last couple of months) and Tom's little brother Mike...
Isaac and Maddie



Cute cousins!













4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ah, Mel, that trip was such fun! Thanks again for your hospitality! Jared's looking at the pictures with us and says to tell you he wished he had come! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are doing great!!The kiddos are cutter than ever!

Christensen Family said...

Wow! That looks like an amazing hike. Way to go. Don't you love when cousins come over? So fun for the kids.

Jensen Family said...

Man...I need that for my workout each day! Looks like a fun hike and I am so glad you had family there to share it with! Josh would never in a miillion years want to go on a hike like that!