Monday, April 20, 2009

an evening with Belle...

Last Thursday, we took Taylor on a "date" to see one of the local highschool's productions of Beauty and the Beast. The girl playing Belle goes to our church, so we were excited to go and see her perform and to take Taylor to her first musical. We watched the disney version the weekend before so she was pretty excited and did really well throughout the whole show. We bought her her own seat but she sat on our laps the whole time and she danced during the faster songs and loved clapping after each song and scene. We had so much fun together!



these two pics were actually taken by Taylor! For a while, she'd just take pics of the floor and you could see her little toes in the bottom of the picture, but she's gotten quite good at taking pics of people (and Maddie and her stuffed animals and such)...


she just looks so tall and grown up to me in this picture...this was during the intermission we all had to go and get the jitters out of ourselves!
so we brought a flower for her to give to 'Belle' after the show and Taylor was SO excited about getting to give this flower to Belle...she carried it around with her everywhere...

right before the second half of the show...
yay! after the show we got to see Belle (Amy)! She did so good...Taylor has been talking about 'Belle' and giving her a flower since then. I love high school musicals! It's so fun to see such young people do an amazing job! and it was SO funny (the boy playing the clock!!! oh my goodness!)

when we got back into the car after the show, we gave Taylor her own flowers...she was so excited! We had such a great time with her!

6 comments:

Callie said...

We went on Saturday and loved it too! That is so awesome that Taylor could sit through and appreciate the whole show...it wasn't short!! :) She is so sweet.
I thought "Cogsworth" (the clock) was hilarious myself, and "Lumiere" and "Gaston"...they were all funny! Amy did an awesome job too...talk about great and cheap entertainment! :)

Jarad said...

I took my girls last night. They got Amy's autograph!

Myrick Family said...

I was surprise to see your comment on my blog. It is crazy how you can connect with people through the blog world.

What a cute family you have and how sweet to give your daughter flowers after the show. It will be fun to stay in touch.

Coty said...

How fun for you guys! I've always wondered what I would do if I had a little girl...and now I know, I'd take her to a production of Beauty and the Beast! a fantastic idea!

Sarah Rockwood said...

I wish I knew about the play, we would have gone. We are going to "Oklahoma" on Saturday. It sounded like Taylor had a blast.

Jensen Family said...

What a fun date! Taylor is getting so big and I saw a lot of you in one of those pictures! That is so much fun! Way to go on the 5k! You and Tom are such cute and fun parents!