Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM! BIG news for your bday!

Well, I had meant to get something in the mail to you earlier this week; and it never happened....sorry! So, instead we thought you might enjoy some news for your birthday....

we're expecting baby #3! (this is old news for Coloradan friends of mine--sorry! :).

Want some details?

We're due April 6th, we're 18 1/2 weeks along and yesterday we went in for our big ultrasound and found out we're having a....




surprise! Yep, we're not finding out this time, but the baby was waving to us a bunch and looked quite cute and actually resembled E.T. an awful lot! (hopefully that resemblance doesn't stick around for too long! ;-) Taylor thinks it's going to be a girl....or a boy. She's a smartie! ;-) She likes the name Maggie if it's either. Oh and last night when getting her ready for bed I found out her stuffed pink pig (who she named Maggie over a year ago) is a boy for the first time....I said, but Taylor, she's pink! and she said, 'yeah, he's a pig!'.

A few other details of this pregnancy...it started out quite miserable. I was more sick this time than any other...the boot camps and teaching Pilates was a lifesaver b/c when I was working out I felt great and it really helped me get through it decently. Thankfully, I'm feeling much better and I have more energy so our house isn't such an unorganized shipwreck anymore. I've had lots of anxiety with this pregnancy (that's always helpful) because of having several close friends go through very difficult miscarriages recently...which is one reason we've waited so long to spread the word. I am having problems with the veins in my left leg so I'm actually going in today for a veinous dopplar! sounds exciting! Other than that, things seem to be going well and we're very grateful.

Well, mom, we hope you have a wonderful birthday and many, many more to come! You are the best mom and Grandma and we love you! We're looking forward to hosting your two-three week luxury stay with us next spring when the baby comes, but feel free to come sooner if you'd like!

We look forward to your comments everyone, so we can add them to our blog book, so please comment away!

8 comments:

EmWJ said...

Oh hooray! I'm glad everything is going well, and hope it continues too. And this will be one health-conscious baby I bet, with everything you've been doing!

And happy birthday Mel's mom!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations! How wonderful and exciting!

Christopher R Jensen said...

Hooray! I can't believe you followed through with all your rigorous training schedules - that's amazing! Glad to hear that "surprise baby" is healthy. Good luck with figuring out your leg vein stuff.

You guys are great secret keepers!

Christopher R Jensen said...

Okay, I had no idea my google name would show up as that - Chris must have set it up! Could be worse I guess....

The Farrers said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We're crazy excited for you! So, if you're 18 weeks along, I must be about 10, right? :)

Lacey said...

Congratulations! That will be so fun to have a suprise! I am glad you are feeling better! Good luck with the veins! I actually felt better also when I was exercising than the days when I skipped out. Great job keeping up with everything!!!

Stacey said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. What a neat birth date. Sorry you were so sick but hopefully the worst is over. That is exciting to be surprised- although with Sam we had to find out- I guess the time of the labor is a big enough surprise for us!

Tammy Jensen said...

Congrats!!! Such great news!