Friday, November 6, 2009

Max's first haircut

Max's hair started growing really fast a couple of months ago and he started looking pretty shaggy and....he was started to grow a mullet!!! So, I gave him a trim...didn't know exactly how to do it and there's some places where it's a big choppy; but anything is better than a mullet isn't it?

Okay, I have a story about mullets. When I was 13ish we moved from St. Louis suburbs to a tiny town called Greenfield, Missouri. I was in deep infatuation with the majority of the actors in the movie Newsies. The daughter of the realtor out in Greenfield was the same age and class as me; so before we moved I had talked to her on the phone a couple of times and asked her about the town...I also asked if any of the boys there had longer hair (like chin length like some of the boys in Newsies). She told me enthusiastically that they all did, so I got pretty excited about this move! When we got there though, I realized that they all did have long hair! In the back! It was mullet city!!! ;-)

Before...After....

1 comments:

The Farrers said...

LOL, love the mullet story! Where I grew up, it was even more white trash than that. The boys all sported a "duck tail" which is just a skinny strand left in the middle of the neck. Even at a young age, I could recognize how nauseating the trend was.

My funny mullet story is that my high school crush was a goof and thought it would be funny to leave a mullet when he cut his shaggy hair. The problem was that he has curly hair, so instead of draping down his neck, the mullet rolled into a cylinder along his hairline. So gross, but so funny!