Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our favorite fall recipe...

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

I made these this morning (it's not the first time this fall ;-) and I thought I'd share them with you. They are easy and are so good!

1 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat works great too)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp salt
" baking powder
" baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves (or I subsitute pumpkin pie spice)

*mix all above dry ingrediants together then add:

8 ounces or 1 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter...or you can add 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce (it's healthier and takes just as good)

*mix it all together and then add about 1/2 bag of chocolate chips or 3/4 a cup....sorry Kristen! I know you can't eat chocolate, but they taste really good without the choc. chips too!

Topping (optional for more gourmet looking and more calories):

mix 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour and a tsp. of butter with a fork until crumbly.

Put muffin mixture into muffin pan and sprinkle topping on each one then bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes. I hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy, why don't you make me some?

Call Lauren at 214.578.1484

Marion Jensen said...

Maybe you should make them when you stay with us in a few weeks... :)

kristin said...

These look SO good! I think I will make them this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Made them today. A friend of mine that live here also makes these same muffins. So yummy!!!

Jensen Family said...

You've been tagged...read my blog to see what to do! Love you!

Unknown said...

sounds like a great recipe. I'll have to try it! How was your thanksgiving??