Saturday, May 24, 2008

Filling up...

We've been debating about getting a newer, bigger car... someday... Everytime I think about getting a bigger car I just think about how much more it will cost to "fill er up".

So, my sophomore year in college I had an internship working for a country music radio station announcing the farm news. I remember one promotion/contest the station had where the first 100 people to show up to a certain gas station one morning got $9.47 worth of gas. I drove an old, tan 1988 Ford F-150 (it was a dirt-colored beauty!) and I woke up at like 5 a.m. so I could go get some free gas and it almost filled my tank!!! $9.47!!! That was it... it's so crazy to think that just a few years ago the gas was under a dollar a gallon.

So, with that said...we keep putting off purchasing that newer, bigger car. In fact, the sound of our little 4 cylinder Mazda protege put-put-putting up the big hills is music to our ears because we know that lack of power in the engine saves us a whole lot of money...

0 comments: