Friday, May 16, 2008

time...

I can't believe that Max will be two months old tomorrow! Time is just flying by! There's a country song called "you're gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins and Tom told me that when he listened to it the first time; it made him get teary eyed (he never cries). So everytime I happen to hear it I just stop and listen to the words and let myself be reminded to try to slow down and appreciate this precious time I have with my family.

Max started to officially smile a couple weeks ago. It still doesn't happen all the time, but a few times a day I get to see his darling smile. It melts my heart! He's getting SO big! Taylor is too. She'll be turning two on July 15th. She loves to talk on the phone. She has me call someone (usually a grandparent) and she'll carry on a good 5-10 minute conversation where she's doing most of the talking. We can't quite understand every word yet, but can decipher at least that she's either talking about poop, potty, puppy, chocolate, Max, baby, or something to do with those subjects. :-) It's pretty funny. We're also working on teaching her to not scream when she's upset. This really isn't that much fun, but hopefully with consistency she'll eventually get the picture. She did an awesome thing on Mother's Day...she pooped in the toilet!!! We were so excited. It gives us a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, Tom just came home for a pretty short lunch break so I better finish this post. I'll put some more pics up soon...

3 comments:

Christensen Family said...

They grow up way too fast. We do need to cherish every moment, don't we?!

Coty said...

Oh, I can't even listen to that song without tearing up big time! You have the cutest little family...sometimes it's hard to cherish the 'day-to-day' but it's so important; one day it won't be that way and we'll all be scratching our heads and wondering where the good times went:)'
Love the post.

Jensen Family said...

I can't believe that Max will already be 2 mo. old. Time really does fly as Tag is a week old today! It was so great to talk to you and I hope we can talk again sometime soon. Love you