Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Taylor's Pink Party...July 15, 2008

I can't believe she's already two! Yesterday was her birthday and we had such a fun day!
Last week we made up some party invites and took them around to some of our friends, and emailed them to others that don't live close. We borrowed a great idea to have a "pink party" from our friends Curtis and Sarah and it was so great! It was simple and fun and the little girls loved it.
the invites ended up being really simple b/c I didn't have much time, but I thought they turned out cute and who doesn't like being given a chocolate bar?
Taylor and I doing our "delivery"

this was at the park...it was a beautiful evening. The weather here is so nice! It averages in the eighties all summer. If it's 90 degrees outside then it's a "super" hot day! (it's perfect!)
Yeah, the cake was....interesting! It fell apart in the middle so I cute it in half and turned it into a big 'T'. I also had to use tons of frosting to "doctor" it up...
We had so many wonderful friends there. I love our friends here. Everyone is so nice an supportive of each other.



here is the group of gals sporting the most pink...I loved it. The 3 girls in the middle were so cute and excited about their allover pink look. They had pink socks, hair accessories, jewelry, etc. They were so, so cute!

I loved the little girls that were there. They were so excited and sweet.

The kids were waiting for Tom to blow bubbles...the soapy kind


the dads that were there were great sports and participated in a dad bubble blowing contest. It was great entertainment!
whoa there! look at that bubble!
yeah, my guy did the worst...I don't think I saw a bubble from him bigger than the size of a golf ball...but he sure is cute in that birthday hat! The little guy with him is pretty cute too! ;-)
We ended the evening back at home talking to Grandmas and Grandpas. It was Tom's mom's birthday too so Taylor and her always have to have a special birthday moment.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that idea of a pink party!! You guys did awsome on the invites too. That is such a great idea to do chocolate bars. It was so funny to watch the video and how Taylor ended up blowing out the match. Whatever works right?? You guys are so cute and little Max is growing so fast. Keep up the great job on the no sugar thing. I did it right after Easter for 2 week and it was hard at first, but you get use to it. It is just so easy to slip right back though. I need to do it again now, maybe I'll do it with you this time. I think I'll start on Monday.

Christensen Family said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! I think that is such a cute idea. So much fun!! I bet she just had a ball.

Tammy Jensen said...

So fun! You have the cutest ideas...how did you do the polka dots on the cake? So fun and Happy Birthday little Taylor!