Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving week...

We had such a great trip to my parents for Thanksgiving. We got there late Sunday night, I unfortunately got sick with a bad head cold and sore throat so we didn't do as much as we'd hoped the first couple of days, but Tom and I went on a date Wednesday night (we went swing dancing and out to eat) and two of my brothers and their families (one from Virginia and one from Mississippi) and my Grandma (from Georgia) all got in Wednesday. Thanksgiving day was gorgeous! Tom and I went jogging that morning and we ate out on my parents deck. We played football after we ate...It was perfect.

Friday morning, my sister Hannah and sister in law Janette and I all got up to start shopping by 5 a.m. I haven't been a huge fan of the crazy crowds of after Thanksgiving shopping, but I actually enjoyed it this year. I got some good deals for some things my family needed and wanted. I went again later in the morning with my mom...the line at Kohls wrapped all around the store! But, we had fun! Then, on Saturday morning we all left to go home. It was so great to be with our family! I hate living so spread out that you only get to see each other once a year if you're lucky! We had a great time with everybody though....here are just a "few" pictures from our trip! ;-) Taylor and her Great Grandma singing to eachother...

my sis Hannah and neice Sophia


Max and his Grandma, Grandpa and Great Grandma

Jon and Paul brought some of their bottle fed baby goats with them from their farm...it was pretty fun! In this picture is Paul, Jon, me (Max), Matthew and Sophia and Micah

this picture looks like they fed Sophia to the goats! :-)

brother in law Paul, oldest brother Jon, Max and brother Matthew (he's the one just older than me) and of course, the baby goats!

this picture cracks me up! Paul, baby goat and Max...

Taylor wearing her fudgcicle desert!

Friday night dinner...pizza

awe!

cute Sophia

Matthew, Max and Micah

my brother Matthew (a pilot) teaching Max how to fly! Max took the lessons quite seriously!

cute nephew Micah...he loved the goats! (blow up this picture and you can see a goofy me in the background! ;-)

playing football...
Max and my mom...she's great!

my Grandma and the kiddos...

me in the kiddos before our big Thanksgiving dinner...

Grandma and Tom in the kitchen...

this was where Tom and I went on our date! It was a Bop club dance...so fun...lots of older people who are really good at dancing! One old man came over and asked me to dance...he was so good! They introduced us during the dance 'intermission' as their special guests who came all the way from Colorado...we thought that was such a bad idea b/c it would draw even more attention to our pathetic dance skills! We had fun though!

Taylor and Sophia

sunset at my parents...
the cousins arrived!

This was the hat I made for Max on our drive thanks to my friend Rochelle who taught me and lent me her looms and tools right before we left. I enjoyed making it so much...it made the drive easier and I made 1 1/2 more on the way home.

my kids seem to always recieve their introduction to teething biscuits while at my parents! I avoid them b/c they're so messy....but the kids sure love them!my handsome husband and baby doll son!

Taylor and Max playing together...

1 comments:

Christensen Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun over the Thanksgiving holiday. It's so nice to get together with family. I can't imagine life without family. That sounds like so much fun to go dancing. Blake and I don't get out to do that as much as we would like to. Not as easy with kids. And we don't have friends who would go with us either. Too bad you guys don't live here! :)