Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mile High city zoo...January 19, 2009

I know...I am weeks behind! Anyway, on Martin Luther King, Jr. day, the weather was gorgeous in Colorado....at least the eastern side of Colorado (have I mentioned that I LOVE Colorado?) and the zoo and the Denver Botanical Gardens had a free day. My brother Dan was here visiting so we took off early that morning to head to the zoo first then the Botannical Gardens. It was SO busy at the zoo. We had to walk a mile or so to get to where Tom parked the car...but, it was worth it and we had lots of fun....






My little brother Daniel LOVES lizards! He's had at least 3 or 4 as beloved pets. So, I think these pics are funny b/c he sort of seems like the "lizard whisperer" to me. A few years ago, my parents, little sis Hannah and Dan flew out to Utah for Christmas. Well, Daniel had to bring his pet lizard of course so he tucked it in his armpit as he went through all the security and while riding on the airplane! Isn't that so funny? He's a pretty goofy guy! We love you Dan!

The thing we're looking at is a giant turtle...it was amazing!

the tropic house was my favorite part of the zoo....it had tons of fish, lizards, snakes, etc.


me, the kids and Dan...

7 comments:

Callie said...

Great pictures! It's always so fun when family comes to visit, don't you love that there is so much to do here, and so much to show your guests?! It looks like you had a lot of fun with your brother, I'm glad the weather was great for you guys, too! Your family is so cute, Mel! :)

Megan Sorenson said...

Fun pictures, Yeah, that would be so fun to see you. We'll plan on it.

kristin said...

i love how many pictures you post on your blog! Taylor and Max are just so cute - i can't believe how big they both are getting.

Also, we would love some more info about the BSA jobs. You can email it to me if that's easiest - kmc.love@gmail.com

thanks! and I really miss you, by the way!

ablincoln said...

It looks like it was fun, I'm sorry we missed it that day. We love CO too, so much to do and see (and most free). The lizard in the armpit is hilarious! And, I agree, your family is so adorable, we love you guys!

Coty said...

That looks like a blast. You guys have alot of fun don't you?!
Awesome.
Thanks for the email, you are a peach!

Christensen Family said...

That looked like a lot of fun. I wish it was warm here. I am so sick of the snow and want Spring to come. That must have been fun to have family come to town.

Jensen Family said...

What a fun day and even better that it was free! I can't believe how grown up your brother is now! I am so glad that you guys had a great time! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I love you!