Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentines Day 2009!!!

We had a great Valentines Day this year! My oldest brother says Valentines Day was made up by Hallmark b/c they wanted to make money....so he never celebrates it. Well, I just don't by a card...but I love having an opportunity to celebrate with a day of love for my loved ones...We spent the first part of the day enjoying a nice big breakfast with omelets, turkey sausage and smoothies. Then our friends' daughters came over for the rest of the morning. Then our kids napped in the afternoon and then our friend watched our kids for a couple hours in the late afternoon while Tom and I went to our favorite mexican restaurant and then to Chucke Cheese to have some kid free "kid" fun. We got our kids and came home...put them to bed and played Dominion (the game I got Tom for V-day-it was recommended by Tom's brother Mar and is SO fun! Thanks Mar) and then watched a movie in bed...it was an excellent day! Tom went off chocolate with me for two weeks before V-day so I made him homemade chocolates, and gave him girl scout cookies and Dominion..

This is what Tom gave me...I love it!

playing at Chucke Cheese....

Can you see the score? Tom was much better than me at this!
They had these fun virtual, cheesy rides!
Tom was also incredibly better at this dance-dance revolution than me! Go Tom! I really should post the video I took of him dancing...we'll see if I can get to it.
another virtual rollar coaster ride...it was cheesy (wind blew on you) but fun!


this just shows my inability at getting the pics in order on my blog! ;-) Oh well!
Taylor and Max with our friends' little girls Robyn and Sydney....Max face cracks me up!
Maddie the nanny...can you see her tongue? Sorry Sarah! ;-)
another not so happy Max shot!
and finally, Max with his little girlfriend Sydney....happy!

5 comments:

Callie said...

You guys are so cute, I love that you guys got to sneak away to Chuck E. Cheese's without the kids! Looks like a fun time! :)

Marion Jensen said...

Glad you liked the game!

Jensen Family said...

What a fun way to spend Valentine's Day! Josh and i love playing arcade games! Tell Tom that I loved the gift he gave you...it totally fits you! love you!!

ablincoln said...

You guys are so cute. We just went to Chuck E. Cheese last night, lemme tell you I stunk it up on the DDR game. Now that the arrows are in the corners and at angles I'm all confused! I'm SOOO glad no one was there to take video of me. Anyway sounds like a nice V-Day.

Sarah Rockwood said...

Those pics were a fun surprise to me, especially the one with Maddie's tongue in Sydney's ear. Love 'em.