Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Evolution of a "hip hop" dance...

Our stake (group of local churches) is doing a film festival in place of the traditional roadshow (a bunch of skits). So, each ward (church) is putting together a 15 minute film to show at the activity. Our ward decided to do a mock American Idol and Dancing with the Stars scene in our film and Tom and I love to dance together (although we are pretty pitiful at it) so we offered and our friend Jared thought it would be funny for us to do a hip hop dance...so last week we spent all our free time together "researching" hip hop dancing on the internet (especially youtube) because we are both pretty clueless at hip hop dancing (as you'll notice if you watch any of the videos below). It was so fun! And, we are so bad! But, we had so much fun together. We had to do the dance last Saturday evening so on Friday evening we went to the gym I worked at and practiced (but the kids didn't last long) so we went home, put the kids to bed and put our dance mostly together. We didn't want to look too stupid so we filmed ourselves to we could watch different moves to make sure it looked halfway decent...so we have a bunch of funny videos of us practicing our dance below. The last film is the final product...

We decided that Tom should dress as a nerd and for me to dress as a pregnant lady to poke some fun at LDS stereotypes of the ever pregnant LDS woman...













9 comments:

EmWJ said...

You're not too bad! Those were fun to watch! So creative!

Callie said...

The last one was awesome!! The other ones were so funny to watch. It is so cute to see you guys dance and have so much fun together...makes me wish I could have made it to the filming! Can't wait to see the finished product...

Jarad said...

You were awesome! The filming is all done!!!

Coty said...

That was so cute!
You guys really don't give yourselves enough credit!!! It was better than Jared and I could do BY FAR!
I would have loved to have been there to see!

Stefanie Panhuyzen said...

You guys are hilarious!!! Would you tour through Europe? haha, I need to tell my stake about this!

Team Covey said...

So fun! I would LOVE to see you when you come out. Do you need a place to stay? Alaine and her family stayed here while they came out - you could sleep where she slept and feel close to her. Don't worry, I've washed the sheets since then. But we do have 2 guest rooms if you need them. Email me: christinecovey@gmail.com

Jensen Family said...

This is too funny! What a fun thing to do! I can't write much because Tag is all over the place, but I want to say thanks for your sweet comment! We had a blast and you can come see me anytime! I will post more of the pics later...I haven't gotten them from Carrie yet! Love you !

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

Mel those were great videos! You guys gave me quite a laugh. It seems you had lots of fun. I also noticed you changed your hairstyle. You look great.

Christensen Family said...

That was so hillarious! But you guys did so good. Way to go!