Thursday, March 12, 2009

our first weekend in March...

Last weekend started on Thursday evening because Tom's boss gave him and his coworkers Friday off since they'd been working 12-13 hour days for the last week and a half. So, we got the bright idea (from Tom after he helped move some friends into an apartment in our complex) to spring clean and rearrange our bedrooms. It did NOT look very clean for a day and a half while our living room was filled with furniture and odds and ends...but we love it now (even though I still have organizing and decorating to finish up). We also sold a desk and stroller on craigslist (I LOVE craigslist!) We posted them Thursday night and 24 hours later we had an extra 135 bucks and less stuff! love it! here's Max in his new bedroom...this was Taylor's crib toy and we finally got it out for him.

our new double jogger (thanks to my friend Rochelle, I went on a 2 month long search for a good deal on this stroller and finally found one and drove 2 hours to get it the weekend before--it is so worth it and I wish I realized before I had babies!)...Saturday morning we went downtown to a health and wellness fair. It was lots of fun, so nice to get out of our home and we got to watch cool self defense demos.



Then Saturday evening we went to our friends' Nate and Allyssa for the most fun dinner! Alyssa told me all we needed to bring was our "sense of humors"...so I thought she was just going to make a really simple meal or something...then when we got to their home there were sheets over the kitchen entrances. So, I thought to my self, well maybe they have a messy kitchen and didn't want us to see it. I finally realized when she had us fill out sheets with our "order" that they were providing us with the most fun dinner. We had to list what we wanted for each "course" from a list of random options that didn't make any sense. Then they served us up and I got my salad and pink lemonade with no utinsels except for a toothpick! The dinner went on like that. We had so much fun, the food was so great and I loved it! Thanks Allyssa! It was so nice to spend time with friends...while we were there, I had this sense of being with family...when you live far away from family, it is so nice to have great friends and we are blessed to have some great people here to have as friends!
Max and Tom eating their cake with a toothpick...

Curtis eating spaghetti with a butterknife!

my first course! ;-)



freshly bathed kiddos!

1 comments:

ablincoln said...

That's awesome. I'm glad you captured some of the evening, I didn't much so thank you. It was really fun and I also feel very blessed to have good friends like you, especially when family is so far away! I'm glad we can all feel so comfortable around each other.