Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spin, baby Spin!

Our friends moved into our apartment complex and we get free memberships to Golds gym with this complex...plus I work at a health club literally right next door...so anyway, yesterday my friend Rachelle and I went to Golds gym (we really wanted to do a spin class, but our only option for the time we could go was a Pilates class-which I also teach and so I love to go to other people's classes for a change and learn some new stuff). Well, we talked last night and decided to get up EARLY this morning and go to the spin class at the health club next door (at 5:35 a.m.!) Can I just say YIKES!!!

First of all, I slept horribly (I have anxiety issues and don't sleep well if I have something I need to do the next morning), second, it was so NOT fun getting out of bed that early!!! and lastly, the class (this was my very first spin class and I honestly thought (how hard can it be?)...it was SO HARD!!! I had the tension set pretty low too! I was so glad when we got off the bikes at 6:20 to work on abs...so glad!

My overall opinion of the whole experience? loved it! Rachelle and I decided to try to make it to at least one spin class a week. We'll see how it goes and I'm hoping after several classes it won't kill me as much as it did today! And, one last question...why do all the morning spin classes have to start at 5 something?!?

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

You go girl! I wish I had the luxury of having a gym to go to, but I still don't think I would get up that early! Keep it up!

Callie said...

You are my fitness hero!