Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A whole year already?!?


cute kiddos! they had fun together! or at least, I hope they did!




'it's my party and I can cry if I want to!' Poor Max, he was pretty tired...I'm glad we had his party last night so today can be easier on him!
Colton was a great sympothizer!
everything's better with cake, right?

Colton's cute older siblings...






need....some....milk!

yep! these pics are way out of order!

our 'mostly' happy little family!

Max's little hand cracks me up in this shot because that's what he was doing the whole time before he finally got a peice of his cake!
the kissing game...
the blindfolded diaper changing game....it's nice to have friends who are good sports! ;0)

the great crawl race...this is the parents/siblings trying to lure their baby over to them the fastest...it was pretty humorous! Except for Emily and then Colton at the end, the babies pretty much just sat there looking bored...
there's Emily...in the lead...at only 7 1/2 months old! She started crawling when she was 6 mos. old!

the start of the race....and they're off!....or maybe not so much! ;-)


Today is Max's birthday!!! I can't believe it's already been a year since this. I love this little boy so much and am so glad he's in our lives! Last night, we had a little party for him and invited the other two boys we know that are his age...Hyrum is a couple weeks younger and Colton is about 6 weeks younger than Max. And, we invited Max's new little neighbor, Miss Emily who is only 7 1/2 months but seems to outplay and out move all 3 boys. We had cake and played some fun little games: a kissing game where the moms start out trying to get their baby to give them a kiss, once they do they pass them off to the dads to do the same and so forth (but they can "pass" after 15 seconds of no luck). They try to see how many kisses the baby will give in like 3 minutes. Max gave us 4...he's better at kissing than crawling! Then we had a crawling contest which was hilarious! The parents were trying so hard to get their babies to come to them...and most babies just sat there. Emily almost won last night...but then Colton finally raced across just in time to beat her. ;-) Last we blindfolded the dads and had them race to see who could change their baby's diaper the quickest. It was pretty funny! Yeah, they were goofy games, but thankfully, our friends are good sports and went along with it and it was fun!

Then we had cake, poor little Max accidentally touched a candle right after his dad blew it out and hurt his finger! I felt so bad. But, he loved eating his cake! After cake, we visited for a while while the babes showed off some of their walking skills (Emily-at 7 1/2 months out walked everyone (she had a toy to hold on to--which they all did)). Max just sat on my lap...it'll be a while for him and we find ourselves quite fortunate about that! ;0)
We had such a fun, little party for him and are so glad he is here to celebrate for! He's our little sweetheart and I'm so thankful to be his mom!

8 comments:

EmWJ said...

That looks so fun! And the cake looked amazing! And your hair, short and straight, very stylish!

Megan Sorenson said...

How fun, I can't believe he's already 1! Your hair looks great.

Jarad said...

The cake it so cute!! It looked like a fun party!

The Farrers said...

I can't believe it's already been an entire year!! Time seriously does fly. Congrats, Max! You're adorable. And speaking of adorable, Mel, your hair looks fab!

Sarah Rockwood said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
cake looks awesome, looks like I'm going to have to have Callie show me a thing or too.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Max! It looks like you had a great party. It is amazing how fast that first year goes by!

Christensen Family said...

Oh it goes by so fast. Looks like you guys had so much fun! I love your hair cut!

Bytheway... I tagged you! Go to my post titled "I've been tagged"!

ablincoln said...

Hey I know this is a little late, but the party was so fun. Thanks for inviting Colton (and the rest of us). The pictures you posted are great. The babies playing together and their antics cracked me up.