Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wedding Weekend: May 15-17th

So, two weeks after our (HUMONGOUS) road trip ;-) where we spent 6 of the 9 days we were gone driving, we left to drive to northern Utah for Tom's younger brother's wedding. It was a really quick trip, leaving on Friday and returning home on Sunday, but we had a great time getting to see our whole family and the wedding. I think our were sort of numb to being in the car for long extended periods because they did quite good. Even still, we've decided that we are done with long drives for a long while. Here's many, many pics (as usual, but I am going to publish my blog into a photobook, so pics are good) from the trip...they're out of order....it actually starts from the bottom. yeah, midway through the drive, we let our kids take over.... :-)

Wyoming pit-stop



Max and Grandpa.

Tom and Jensea, his great cousin friend.
Max LOVED the punch!


This is a Jensen family tradition where all the grandkids pose for a picture while eating Krispy Kreme doughnuts (so they'll mostly be happy) Max still isn't very happy though. Neither is his closest in age cousin Sam (below Max).
Taylor's closest (in age) cousin is Sam too, or Sammi
our family at the receptionour funny, little nephew Jared...
Taylor and her cousin Isaac rolling around playing together.

Tom's older brother John cracking the kids up. These two nephews are Max's age. The one in front was born on the same day as Max.
Sammi and Taylor...they're just 3 weeks apart and we learned on this trip that Sammi is quite the dancer!

big family shots...

This is an immediate family shot...Tom has 9, yes nine brothers and 1 little sis. The funny thing about this picture is that, since his family is so huge, they were actually missing a brother here (he and his wife were getting their kids dressed) but, they didn't realize it until he showed up about 10 minutes later! ;-) Cracks me up!


I made Taylor's dress.....okay, so I tried too. The day before we left, the kids were napping and I had about an hour and a half of free time, so randomly I thought, I should make Taylor a dress for the wedding! More than 5 hours later and after a 2 hour help visit from a friend with a degree in home economics (therefore, unlike me she actually is good with a sewing machine), The dress got done! Hopefully, I won't forget that personal lesson....if you're going to make clothes, invite Andrea to help and don't start the project the day before it needs to be worn! ;-)

3 comments:

Christensen Family said...

I can't believe how many grandkids the Jensen's have now. Well I guess I can. How fun! So nice to get everyone together. Taylor's hair looks so cute!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you made Taylor's dress!! You run and sew! Supermom, for sure!!!

The Winkel Family said...

Such a cute blog, Mel! I am so impressed with your ambitiousness. You did such a great job on the dress. Pretty soon you will be the typical Mormon mommy sewing all her kids clothes. :) Haha! It will be fun to see what you are up to in between our visits.