Tuesday, May 19, 2009

one HUMONGOUS road trip....Ship Island

We ended up staying an extra day at the beach. I am so glad! It was so fun and beautiful! On Wednesday morning we got up early and caught a ferry out to Ship Island, a small little island that used to have a little settlement on it during the civil war period. There is still this amazing fort on it that we got to tour and it had an even better beach than the day before with better waves and everything. We had a blast and thankfully had perfect weather for it too! watching the sun go up....

with my mom...


we got to see dolphins!




in the above picture you can see the island and fort as we were coming close...

a stairwell in the fort...I love the old architecture!

lots of arches! seriously, this would be a great place to take professional pics!

standing on an outer bank of the fort looking down on the middle...it was very cool!


beachtime! Here is Tom, Jon, my mom and Paul all waiting to catch a wave.


my brother Dan and I, and a little napping Max

me and my handsome little beach date! ;-)


I think this is Jon and Tom...
Taylor had a ball!

Jon and Paul...

Okay, the picture above and below crack me up...above is Jon and my little sis Hannah and if you click on the pic and see the bigger version you can see this look of fear on her face (sorry Hannah! it's just too funny!) and then the picture below was taken....WIPE-OUT!!! ;-) poor Hannah!



Dan got a bad sinus infection so he and I (and Maxwell) spent a lot of time under the umbrella.

back on the ferry leaving Ship Island.




two tired kiddos! make that four tired kiddos! ;-)

7 comments:

Christensen Family said...

That looks like it was so much fun! What great memories!

Anonymous said...

Such Fun!!! And you were right that picture of Hannah is priceless!

Michelle said...

What a fun trip!! Looks like you had a great time!!

Callie said...

Oh, I love the beach!! Looks like so much fun was had by all...:)

Coty said...

Oh Mel, what a great getaway! The beach is one of my favorite places of EARTH -so peaceful and relaxing!
I'm sad we have to forgo our trip to the Outerbanks this year :( but I'll live vicariously through your photos ;)

You guys look like you had fun (sans the sinus infection -bleh!)
Yay for vacation!

ablincoln said...

So much fun! It's not very often we get to go to the beach. I'm impressed your kids seem to do so well on all those outings and road trips. That's great!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun. Those are the kids of vacations I likle. You are so right about that arch. I would love to take some photos there.