Sunday, May 24, 2009

One HUMONGOUS road trip...the farm

Seriously, this farm in Mississippi was the most beautiful, peaceful place! I talk to my brother Jon very often and he always telling me about his animals and the goings on at the farm; it was so great to be able to see everything he's been telling me about. We had so much fun playing outside, Tom and I went on a nice, long run, Taylor LOVED all the animals, especially the big black lab named Max, riding horses, shooting guns, eating fresh food right from the farm! It was just amazing! My brother has always been so hardworking and so talented at making things beautiful (he's a very talented painter and gardener) so it was so great to see all he could do with 14 acres! It was inspiring too and I've got my own little 'garden' growing on our front porch...I even took horticulture classes in college, but have always considered myself a quite pathetic gardener, but Jon really inspired me to keep practicing and working at it...anyway, he are a bunch of pictures of their beautiful farm...

this is way back behind the farm house....


on the back porch...

us early in the morning on the back porch...we'd been driving so long and Tom was so tired so I got up early with the kids and we followed Jon around as he fed the animals...I've really come to love the serenity of early mornings.
this is the front porch...there's a nice big swing on the other end of it. I LOVE porches! I think it's a big southern thing. This house of his is over 100 years old and was actually moved from it's original location. It was actually an old hotel! It looks quite rustic, but it was SO nice! I wish you all could go see it for yourself! It was all just so charming and beautiful!

after our run...my hair just goes crazy in humidity...okay, it just goes crazy all the time... ;-)

the vegetable garden....
Jon running on Shade...
Taylor and I with Shade...
She was quite the poser! ;-)
here's a side view of the farm house...

me riding Lady...

Tom, Taylor and I going for a ride...


Taylor was just in heaven getting to pet and feed all these animals!


the baby horse...isn't he a cutie?
Taylor's first ride on a tractor.

Max standing up...something he still rarely does!

getting ready for dinner....you can see a little of the inside of the house in this pic. I wish I would've taken more pics of it.

ready for bed!

4 comments:

Callie said...

What an amazing looking place! I think I have preconcieved notions about farms that they are icky, and not somewhere I want to hang out - but I could hang out THERE! :) Beautiful! Glad you had such fun!

The Farrers said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!!! Talk about heaven on earth!! I just woke up this morning, but think I am still dreaming. :)

Megan Sorenson said...

Look how cute you are!!! That looked like such a fun trip. Your kids are so sweet.

Sarah Rockwood said...

I just cracked up when I saw the one with you, Taylor and the horse. It looks like he is smiling! Man it looks like a lot of fun. It makes me excited for our vacation(still a month away)!