Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Detox: Day 16!

Okay, sorry. I have been meaning to post about it for the last couple of days. I've been trying to upload a video from when we went to the zoo a week and a half ago and our computer doesn't seem to want to comply.

Anyway, still going good. Some days and moments are easier; other times I feel like it's one of the hardest thing I've ever done!!! Last night we had enchiladas for dinner (which I usually just use regular tortillas) but I'm totally sold on whole wheat tortillas (I hope you guys liked them too Sarah). We loved them here! They have a heartier taste to them and we thought it was great. Tom and Taylor had a petitie chocolate cake from the bakery outlet where I get bread for dessert and I thought it was downright cruel! :-) Oh well! I've gotten used to it.

I did eat some doritos over the weekend though! Oops! At least they're not sugary, but still one of those things I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to end this thing strong, but honestly I'm looking forward for it to be done so I don't always have to feel so on guard. I plan on doing it again and again though b/c it's been such a great way to stay motivated and healthier. I also love that we haven't eaten out. It's good for my family's health for me to plan and prepare healthy meals and it's good for the pocketbook as well!

Sailing Shoes 5k!!!

Another thing I was excited about accomplishing is my first 5k of the year! It was this last Saturday. I had set the goal to run it back in January and it felt so great to get out there and do it. I'm such a slow runner too so I got to enjoy it for quite a while! :-) It was a beautiful morning, nice flat course, beautiful downtown, hundreds of friendly runners....ahhh! I loved it! I felt so exhilerated and energetic the whole rest of the day. I just love waking up early and pushing yourself to do something that some may consider torture...but I think it's great!

While running I came up with another goal for myself...I want to run at least 100 races in my lifetime. I want to be the sixty plus year old lady running with the youngsters. I love seeing those people now. They're so motivating to me. Anyway, last Saturday was my 4th race (not counting ones I ran in high school) so I have a long ways to go and I plan on enjoying every moment of it!

To Good Health!!!

3 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Awesome Job Mel!! I am so proud of you for all you are doing to be healthier! I told Josh the other day that I needed to put the treadmill down again! I ran to get the phone the other day and I felt so heavy! It was an awful feeling to be so out of shape! Thanks for the motivation!

Christensen Family said...

Way to go on sticking with the detox! We need to eat healthier. Congrats on running the 5k. I like 5k races better than the triathlons - though they are fun too. That's an awesome goal to run 100 races. I might have to adopt that goal too. :) I love running - though it's harder now for me after having three kids in three years.

Coty said...

Mel, you are fabulous...carrie is doing the detox diet too, yay for motivational people. I have not adopted a "love" persay of running but i'm working on it. I had just gotten there when we got pregnant with Rhoane. I'm slowly (snails pace) getting there again.

keep up the good work and pat yourself on the back for spreading the idea like you have!!!