Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week one down, two more to go!

detox update....

Yeah! I'm so excited seven days are done! I have had no sugar and it's great! I still think it looks pretty good though, but yesterday I went grocery shopping again once more before dinner and it was much easier! I just knew I wasn't going to eat anything unhealthy and so I didn't even allow myself to crave it. That was nice.

I did technically slip though. Friday night I went to a girls' night and the girl that had invited me had fixed this big dinner for everyone and I ate it...and it was good! But, it had ground beef and regular tortillas in it which I'm trying to avoid right now. I didn't have any of the chocolate deserts she made though.

Here's to another two deprivating, but healthy weeks!

3 comments:

FAUDIN FAMILY said...

What amazing motivation you have. I can't go without sweets, so hats off to you! Your little kids are just so cute!

In Good Company said...

Good job!!!!!!! It does get a little easier to say no the longer you go without sugar. It's like one gains more self control when they go off sugar, at least that's how it was for me. Anyway, I just wanted to say why to go. I'll be doing it in a little while, just haven't gotten there yet. My skin doctor told me there are no studies out that prove sugar affects psoriasis (which I have). I don't think she's right. So once I'm done using this medication I'm going to go off sugar and see if I can do my own study. Life has a lot of trial and error in it doesn't it.

You teach pilates, you must be so buff!!!!! I want to do it also. You're amazing!

Christensen Family said...

You are so good. I'm trying to eat healthier and have gotten back into running again but ... I don't know that I could give up sugar. Way to go!!!