Thursday, June 12, 2008

The end of day four...

It's still going pretty good! Still have a long ways to go though! Tuesday we had chicken stir fry and brown rice for dinner. It's one of my favorite meals and I usually put brown sugar in the teriyaki sauce but not this time and it tasted great still. At Walmart you can buy a frozen bag of the great value brand of stir fry vegetables for about $1.70. They have at least two different varieties of them...I like the deluxe one. It has broccoli, peas in the pod, mini corns (whatever those things are called), water chestnuts, red bell peppers, carrots...I think that's it. Then I like to add some fresh vegetables like onions, zucchini and mushrooms to it, grill and slice some chicken and I use store bought teriyaki sauce to cook it all in and we eat it over brown rice...it's so yummy and a great way to eat a lot of different vegetables.

Last night Tom took his little sister out to dinner and a movie so I had some leftovers for dinner. Tonight we had fajitas. I slice up a big onion, two peppers (I love red ones), fresh garlic and chicken. Then I get a fajita seasoning packet to season it with (it's not authentic but tasty) and tonight we ate them on whole wheat tortillas (which I don't usually get b/c I haven't liked them). I'm just trying to make myself like them and really they not bad. Especially if they're filled with tasty food. I've also been eating some tuna, a lot of cottage cheese, lots of fruits and vegetables. Oh yeah, last night my friend Sarah came over and we had smoothies and they were so good! They had frozen berries, fresh strawberries, yogurt, grape juice and milk. Mmmm!

Exercise is going good. Tom's sister has been visiting with us so Monday we went hiking, Tuesday we went on a walk with the kiddos and I teach a Pilate's class on Tuesdays, yesterday Tom's sister and I did yoga and Pilate's for over an hour and today we went hiking with some of my friends and came home and did some more Pilate's for about 30 minutes. I haven't been running though....I need to work on that.

I've also done a pretty bad job at going to bed early! Tuesday night Tom and I went to a late movie (Indiana Jones) and last night he got home late from his movie. I have been waking up early too so I'm lacking a couple hours of much needed sleep.

1 comments:

Coty said...

Mel, isn't it crazy...I'm really enjoying trying to find things to eat that promote a healthy body. I think by the end of this thing I have had enough time to find some healthy foods that I truly love and want to eat on a regular basis.
You go girl...hiking wow.

PS Can I just say how glad I am that you did this!!!